Whether you’re celebrating Valentines, ‘Gal’entines, ‘Pal’entines or just good old fashioned self-love this February 14th, one things for certain… it will more than likely involve some chocolatey goodness!
These Dark Chocolate and Strawberry Truffle Energy Balls make the perfect treat for you and your loved ones no matter what you’re celebrating this Feb. They’re completely gluten, dairy and refined sugar free (depending on what dark chocolate you use) and believe it or not – they’re super nutritious and perfect for after a workout or swim; in your My Mantra Active Wear of course!
Let’s be honest, dark chocolate and strawberry is always going to be a match made in heaven, but when put into the form of a mouth-watering, moreish truffle that’s made using only wholesome, natural and good for you ingredients, it takes delicious to a whole new level!
I highly recommend giving these a try. You definitely won’t regret it!
Dark Chocolate and Strawberry Truffle Energy Balls (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free Option)
Makes: 9 Truffles
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 6 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 50g Raw Blanched Cashews
- 15g Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Water
- Approx 50g Dark Chocolate Melted
- Sprinkle of Crushed Dried Strawberries (Optional)
- Pop the dates, cashews, strawberries and water into a food processor and blend until everything comes together to make a smooth, sticky dough.
- Roll the dough between your palms into 9 balls – slightly wet your hands to do this to make it less messy.
- Pop the balls into the fridge for 15 mins to chill.
- While the balls are chilling, melt the chocolate and crush a few freeze dried strawberries using the back of a spoon.
- Once chilled, take the balls out of the fridge and cover in the melted chocolate.
- Pop the truffles onto a piece of greaseproof paper after covering so that they don’t stick once the chocolate sets.
- Spoon the crushed strawberries over the chocolate and put the truffles back into the fridge to set.
- The truffles will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Follow me on Instagram @chloe_edgar
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
If you wish to contact us please don't hesitate to do so. Just put a message into a bottle, throw it in the sea and we will do our very best to get back to you within 24hrs.
Wish to speak to us instantly?
Use our live chat on the web
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6 North Holme Court
We spend a lot of time on Instagram, why not ask us something on there? @mymantraaactive
Mailing address: My Mantra , 6 North Holme Court, Northampton, NN3 8UX, UK